The Broken Hill City Library has the following accessibility features;
- Accessible toilet on the ground floor (Approx. 2500mm long and 1640mm wide).
- Lift access to the Archives, located on the first floor.
- Front door opens automatically with a motion sensor, sufficient room for wheelchair.
- Parking at side of building, walkway to library entrance.
- Mobility scooter may be left outside main entrance.
- Three priority computers available with height adjustable desks and touch screen monitors.
The library is seeking feedback and opportunities to collaborate with community to make the library more autism-accessible and inclusive to families with autistic members.
Sensory friendly afternoons
The library can get loud, so to ensure all members of the community feel comfortable we are providing dedicated time when the library will be a quiet space.
Sensory friendly afternoons are held on the first Friday of every month between 3.30pm and 5.00pm.