What if I am unable to make my rates payment by the due date?

Council has several payment options available to assist ratepayers who are experiencing difficulties in paying their rates.

Some of these options include:

  • Centrepay deductions
  • Direct Debit
  • Payment plans
  • Financial Hardship 

The Customer Relations and Revenue Teams are available to discuss your situation and to help find your best repayment option.

Should you be suffering substantial financial hardship, under Section 601 of the Local Government Act, a ratepayer who suffers substantial hardship can request their situation be reviewed.

To be considered for Hardship Rate Relief or to apply for payment arrangements, please select the relevant application forms below and post completed form to:

The General Manager
Broken Hill City Council
PO Box 448

Alternatively, the completed applications can be emailed to council@brokenhill.nsw.gov.auin person to the Customer Service or Revenue Team, Council Administration Building, 240 Blende Street, Broken Hill.