We are delighted to welcome you back to the library.
We are reopening as of the 11th October 2021 with restricted hours and services.
As always, the health and safety of our staff, readers and visitors is our priority so we will be complying strictly with the relevant NSW Public Health Orders as we work to protect everyone who comes through our doors.
All staff, readers and visitors (aged 16 or over) will need to be fully vaccinated before they can come into the Library. You will be asked to present your digital or printed vaccination certificate as part of the check-in process. Face masks must be worn at all times until further notice.
We will do our best to get everyone through our doors as quickly as possible, and I urge everyone to please be patient while our staff make the necessary checks.
Programs - All library programs and events have been suspended until further notice.
Click and Collect - From 22 September 2021 the Click and Collect service will be available.
Digital Library - Is available 24/7.
Our services won't look the same as normal and may be limited, but the health and safety of our staff and visitors are our top priority, as such compliance with NSW Health requirements and guidelines are central to the conditions and services during this time.
Archive access by appointment only. Enquiries via online form, email or phone welcome.
Changes to entering the library
We are complying strictly with NSW Public Health Order guidelines to help protect the health and safety of everyone who comes through our doors.
As a condition of entry, you must adhere to the following:
- If you are aged 16 or over you must be fully vaccinated and show proof of your vaccination record (digital record or printed version of the COVID-19 digital certificate).
- Check in and out of the Library using the Service NSW app (QR Code) for contact tracing purposes.
- Wear a face mask at all times.
- Observe the 1 person per 4 sqm rule.
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not enter the building — any readers and visitors exhibiting signs of illness may be asked to leave by Library staff or Security.
- Treat other readers, visitors and Library staff with courtesy and respect — aggressive and abusive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Visitors who do not comply with conditions of entry may be asked to leave by Library staff or Security.
Physical distancing measures remain in place, with limited seating as per the 1 person per 4 square metre rule.
We are also continuing to ensure:
- hand hygiene facilities are available at the entrance to the Library and in key locations;
- bathrooms are well stocked with hand soap and instructions on how to wash hands properly are provided;
- all hard surfaces in the Library are regularly cleaned;
- and study desks, computer keyboards and mouses are cleaned between each use.
Changes to library services
Computer access is available, however these are limited, due to physical spacing guidelines.
Our ability to assist you may be limited.
The library’s eLibrary can be accessed from the safety and comfort of your home. You can access many exciting digital resources including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eStreaming and eMagazines.
The Library has a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place.
Remote printing and pick up service
If you have documents you need printed send them to the library through our MobilePrint webpage or if you're on a mobile device through the PrinterOn app
Pay for your printing by card, we are no longer longer accepting cash payment.
If you are unable to visit the library to collect your printing within the opening hours please contact us to arrange a suitable pick up time at our collection point.
Frequently asked questions