How the weighbridge will work:
Weighing in: All vehicles will enter the site over the weighbridge. Household waste will be checked and measured by vehicle type – vehicles are NOT required to exit over the weighbridge.
Commercial Waste will be weighed, using the tare weight of the vehicle. This means that commercial vehicles will NOT need to weigh out each time. Every several months the tare weight of the vehicle will need to be checked.
Weighing out: Vehicles collecting recyclables and materials for removal will be required to weigh out. On these occasions vehicles entering the facility will be required to wait at the boom gate until the vehicle being weighed has moved off the weighbridge. Every few months commercial vehicles will need to weigh out to check the tare weight of the vehicle.
Motorists note: we ask for patience during this time. The weighbridge can only take single vehicles at a time.
Fees and charges:
EPA changes from 1 July require Council to improve its monitoring and charging for the
disposal of some materials including tyres, asbestos and industrial waste. However general
household waste can still be disposed free.
- General Household Waste FREE
- All Recyclables FREE
- Green Waste FREE
- Clean Fill or Rubble FREE
Contaminated Waste (inc Asbestos) $431/tonne
Commercial/ industrial waste:
- Unsorted $46.80/tonne
- Sorted $29.75/tonne
- Car/motorcycle/scooter $2.00
- Light Truck/4WD $3.00
- Truck $5.00
- Tyre rated up to 136 x 28 $11.00
- Tyre rated above 136 x 28 $17.50
- Bulk Tyres (20 tyres or more, or in 200kgs) $110/tonne
- Note: Tractor, Loader and mining tyres are not accepted
- Small (dog/cat) $8.50
- Medium (calf/sheep/pig/kangaroo) $31.00
- Large (cow/horse) $51.50
Replacement Bins—lost, stolen, damaged by ratepayer/tenant:
- General Waste Bin $61.50
- Green Organics Bio Bin $123.00
There are improved recycling options at the public drop off site and the community is encouraged to utilize these options. Recycling reduces our impact on resources, makes use of resources that are still valuable and extends the life of the landfill for future generations.
Items that can be recycled include:
- Problem household wastes—paint, gas bottles, light globes, oils, car and household
- batteries, and smoke detectors.
- E–Waste—computers, computer accessories and televisions
- Green Waste
- White Goods
- Aluminium Cans, glass bottles and paper and cardboard
- There are no charges for the delivery of recyclable items to the waste facility.
For general enquiries please email email@example.com