Prior to making a submission
Please read Council’s Community Assistance Grant Policy and Council’s Community Strategic Plan. Both can be found on Council’s website on the Home page under the “I Want To” section or hard copies can be forwarded by mail on request.
Submission of applications
- All Requests must be made by completing the COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE GRANT APPLICATION FORM - (found on Council’s website on the Home page under the “I Want To” section or can be forwarded by mail on request).
- All additional information must be submitted with the completed Application Form.
- Two (2) Rounds of funding will be held each financial year.
- The first round of Applications will close on April 30th each year. (for activities/events/programs held from July to December).
- The second round of Applications will close on October 31st each year. (for activities/events/programs held from January to June).
- Any late applications will not be considered individually and will only be considered at the following round if the activity/event/program falls in the following funding period.
- No retrospective requests will be considered.
- Requests need to be complete and submitted prior to the two “cut-off” dates of April 30th and October 31st (see above).
- Requests need to meet the eligibility criteria.
- Request need to meet the assessment criteria.
- Only single year commitments may be approved.
- The requests will be initially assessed by the nominated Council Officer for eligibility against the eligibility criteria of the Community Assistance Grant Policy.
- Eligible requests will then be considered by the Community Assistance Grants Panel and will be assessed against the assessment criteria of the Community Assistance Grants Policy.
- The Grants Panel will present a report to the General Manager recommending approval or otherwise of requests.
- Approval by the General Manager.
- NOTE: Council may decide to offer a grant in an amount less, or in a combination different to what is applied for.
Responsiblities of successful applicants
- Successful organisations and Council sign an agreement containing the terms of the grant.
- Acknowledgement of Council’s contribution in all promotion and media surrounding the event/activity/program, this includes Council’s logo on printed material.
- Provide Council with acquittal information in accordance with the terms of the grant Agreement.