Keep in touch with all the latest news, exhibitions and events, plus get exclusive access to special offers and competitions when you sign up to the Galleries mailing list.
How to apply for an exhibition at the Broken Hill Regional Art Gallery
2020 Exhibitions Applications Open
The Broken Hill Regional Art Gallery has an extensive exhibition program consisting of shows from local, national and international artists. The exhibition program is generally booked two years in advance.
Applications have now closed.
Download the Guidelines: Exhibition proposal guidelines - Guidelines for submitting an exhibition
Exhibition proposal guidelines - Guidelines for submitting an exhibition
What is a 'proposal'?
A proposal provides an outline and details of an exhibition or project.
What should a 'proposal' include?
- A short biography or curriculum vitae, and contact address/email/telephone.
- A one page exhibition/project outline simply explaining:
- Your ideas, purpose or concept.
- What benefit or relevance it would have to: the local community and wider community.
- Practicalities such as dimensions, number of works.
- Photographs, digital images or video of your work, clear and detailed examples, as much like the work you intend to exhibit as possible – maximum 10 images
Digital submission is preferable; please email to firstname.lastname@example.org In person or via post at 404-408 Argent Street, Broken Hill NSW, 2880
Please note that...
- Floor plans of the Gallery's allocated exhibition spaces may be requested. You may inspect potential spaces and discuss them with the Gallery staff (with a prearranged appointment time).
- The Gallery takes a commission of 33% on all retail sales made through exhibitions on the premises.
- Installation of successful proposals will be undertaken by the Gallery staff
- The Gallery has a conventional vertical hanging system and a track lighting system. No works may be attached to the walls of the Gallery due to the fragile nature of the plaster.
- The Gallery has a limited number of wooden plinths for displaying 3-D works.
- If your exhibition proposal requires special installation equipment you should talk to the Gallery staff before submitting the proposal.
- The Gallery provides installation assistance, labelling, an opening, invitation printing and publicity.
- The Gallery reserves the right to cancel any exhibition if it is deemed inappropriate or offensive or if the content in any way contravenes local, state and federal legislation.
- Enquires to the Installation Officer on 08-8080 3440 or email to email@example.com
About broken hill regional art gallery
Broken Hill Regional Art Gallery is a public facility, part of a large network of regional art museums and galleries across Australia. The Gallery focuses on a dynamic rotating exhibition program as well as managing our large permanent collection. The Art Gallery aims to:
- Enhance the quality of life of its community through the exhibition and interpretation of visual cultural material.
- Develop diverse and relevant exhibition programs with an integrated educational component that help audiences understand what the current exhibitions are about.
- Encourage community use of the Gallery.
Your proposal will be assessed by a panel which will include the Gallery and Museum Manager and another Gallery staff member, for its’ potential interest to our audiences. The Art Gallery tries to balance the number of exhibitions over several years to reflect:
- Equal representation of all artists in all mediums
- Inclusion of local artists, as well as interstate and international artists.
- Representing specific cultural or First Nations perspectives.
- Relevant to contemporary social and political issues.
- High quality curated touring exhibitions.
Your proposal does not need to address all of these issues, however if it is not accepted it may be because we have already scheduled similar exhibitions.