WHAT IS A SECTION 355 COMMITTEE?
A Section 355 Committee is a committee established under Section 355 of the Local Government Act 1993, to assist Council with the operation and maintenance of various Council facilities and services.
Managing community assets is an essential part of Council activities and the community of Broken Hill has strong representation on a number of Council committees to help manage the City's interests and public assets.
WHAT ARE THE COMMITTEES?
There are currently 11 committees which include:
- Alma Oval Community Committee
- Broken Hill Heritage Committee
- Broken Hill Regional Art Gallery Advisory Group
- BIU Band Hall Community Committee
- Community Strategic Plan Round Table Committee
- ET Lamb Memorial Oval Community Committee
- Friends of the Flora and Fauna of the Barrier Ranges Community Committee
- Memorial Oval Community Committee
- Norm Fox Sporting Complex Community Committee
- Picton Sportsground Community Committee
- Riddiford Arboretum Community Committee
CAN I JOIN A COMMITTEE?
Nominations are normally called for following a Local Government Election. Some committees may have provision to accept nominations at other times. Please complete a nomination form and submit to Council for consideration.