The following pricing principles have been used by Council as a guide in setting charges. These pricing principles adhere to Council's Access and Equity Policy and are reflected in the accompanying Schedule of Fees and Charges.
- Community Service – service provides a broad community benefit and therefore full cost recovery should not apply. Partial cost recovery could apply in some circumstances
- Cost Recovery – service benefits particular users making a contribution to their individual income, welfare or profits generally without any broader benefits to the community
- Market Price – Services that Council operates in a commercial market.
- Statutory – Charges set by Federal and State Government
- Third Party – Services provided by another service provider apart from Council