Cr Jim Nolan was elected for the first time as a Councillor on September 8, 2012.
Cr Nolan is passionate about maintaining TAFE in Broken Hill for the future of young residents training and careers. He believes strongly in serving the Community of Broken Hill with the utmost integrity.
History and Interests:
• Head Teacher (Trades) Broken Hill TAFE
• National TAFE Council Delegate
• NSW Teachers Federation Representative
• TAFE Teachers Association Executive Member
• TAFE Accreditation Council Member
• Delegate to Unions NSW
• Junior Vice President Broken Hill Branch of the NSW Labor Party
Maintaining jobs and services, building a sustainable future, education.
Section 355 and other Committees:
Our Economy Key Directions Working Group, Deputy Chair, Association of Mining and Energy Related Councils NSW, Delegate and Executive Member North Mine Community Consultative Committee (CCC), Delegate Silverton Wind Farm CCC, Alternate Delegate, Integrated Waste Management Working Group and Club Grants Committee Delegate.