Full-time permanent position
Base salary $67,519 to $72,203 plus super
Council is seeking an experienced payroll professional who has the ability and experience to fill the permanent full-time role of Payroll Officer.
Reporting directly to the Manager Finance, the Payroll Officer is responsible for processing and assisting in the coordination and preparation of Council’s fortnightly payroll in accordance with Council’s Consent Award and Council Policies.
We are seeking an employee who is an excellent communicator, highly organised and with good attention to detail. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in payroll and/or accounting functions within a large organisation and proven ability to work co-operatively in a sensitive and confidential environment.
The successful candidate will possess and demonstrate the following:
- Previous end-to-end payroll experience.
- Accurate attention to detail under strict timeframes.
- Demonstrate a high level computer literacy.
- Provide professional advice to the organisation in accordance with the Award and Council’s Policies and Procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to liaise at all levels and work in a team environment.
- Understand all Council staff are one team working towards a shared purpose.
- A ‘can do’ attitude focused on delivering outcomes.
- Commitment to a strong values culture and a preparedness to ‘Play your Role’.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and embracing change.
Benefits working for Council include:
- Generous Award Conditions including 5 weeks’ annual leave
- Paid Long Service Leave after 5 years’ continuous service
- Corporate Health and Wellbeing programs
- Employee growth and development opportunities
- Salary packaging options
- Social Clubs
Appointment will be subject to:
- Pre-employment Medical
- National Police and Background Check
- Reference Checks
Job reference: CFO-FIN-05.06
Any questions about the role can be directed to, Senior Human Resources Officer on (08) 8080 3346.
To apply for this role, use the APPLY NOW button and provide Council with a two page (max.) cover letter that focusses on the above candidate points and demonstrates your successes in previous roles, and an up to date CV with at least two current referees.
Applications close Wednesday 26 June 2019 @ 5pm.
Broken Hill City Council promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. People from indigenous backgrounds, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with disabilities are encourage to apply. If you require any adjustments to assist you with your application or would like to discuss the position further, please contact Council’s HR Department on (08) 8080 3351.
Please note that the selection process can commence before the closing date and that the preferred candidate can be selected based on application and referee checks only.