Council is seeking a suitably qualified applicant to fill the permanent full-time role of Infrastructure Projects Engineer.
Reporting directly to the Project Delivery Manager, the Infrastructure Projects Engineer will be responsible for the preparation of detailed designs, work schedules and estimation of engineering project costs (capital, operating and maintenance), provision of technical assistance to operating departments and the ongoing development and implementation of Quality Control standards and systems. This position is also critical to ensuring Council maintains and enhances its operational capacity through leveraging external private work opportunities including Roads and Maritime Service contracts.
The successful candidate will have relevant qualifications in Civil engineering, supported by experience in the preparation and delivery of civil projects. You must have a proven ability to exercise leadership and behaviour with a passion for customer focused outcomes.
To experience success in this role, you will have demonstrated experience in participating in the project delivery process by coordinating civil engineering projects for Council, have excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills and have demonstrated knowledge of the professional and legislative requirements within the scope of the role.
The ideal candidate will possess and be able to demonstrate the following:
· A ‘can do’ attitude focused on delivering outcomes.
· Commitment to a strong values culture and a preparedness to ‘Play your Role’.
· Commitment to a safe and healthy workplace.
· Commitment to embracing Councils Customer service framework and to ‘Think like the Customer’.
· Commitment to continuous improvement and embracing change.
· Have a commitment to the liveability of our community.
Skills required for this senior role include:
· An understanding of civil project preparation and delivery including development of detailed designs, scope & project cost estimates, work schedules etc
· Proven interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary environment.
· Highly effective planning, reporting and prioritising skills.
· Results driven with the ability to influence and manage a range of internal relationships.
· Demonstrated engineering surveying skills including working knowledge and experience in the use of electronic total station equipment and theodolites.
· Ability to identify and drive continuous improvement and innovation initiatives.
· Strong computer literacy including a good working knowledge of software such as Business Civil CAD and Auto CAD
Benefits working for Council include:
· Generous Award Conditions including 5 weeks annual leave
· Paid long Service Leave after 5 years continuous service
· Corporate Health and Wellbeing programs
· Employee growth and development opportunities
· Salary packaging options
· Social Clubs
Job reference: DGM-AM- 01.01
Any questions about the role can be directed to Mr Michael Cain, Project Delivery Manager on 0428 259 904
To apply for this role, use the form below and provide Council with a two-page (max.) cover letter that focusses on the above points and demonstrates your successes in previous roles, and an up to date CV with at least two current referees.
Applications close Friday 24 May 2019 at 5pm.
Broken Hill City Council promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. People from indigenous backgrounds, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with disabilities are encourage to apply. If you require any adjustments to assist you with your application or would like to discuss the position further, please contact Council’s HR Department on (08) 8080 3346.
Please note that the selection process can commence before the closing date and that the preferred candidate can be selected based on application and referee checks only.