Council is seeking a suitably qualified applicant to fill the temporary (6 months) full-time role of Cleaner/Team Leader.
Reporting directly to the Manager Operations, Planning, Development and Compliance this position is responsible for taking care and control for maintaining Council’s building assets located across multiple locations to the required standards as specified by service agreements, lease agreements, work duty statements, condition reports or cleaning/maintenance schedules.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong communication and time management skills and the ability to meet set priorities. The successful candidate will require demonstrated work experience and the ability to lead a small team to achieve high levels of service standards. As the team leader, you will be required to ensure quality services are provided to the community.
The ideal candidate will possess and be able to demonstrate the following:
· A ‘can do’ attitude focused on delivering outcomes.
· Commitment to a strong values culture and a preparedness to ‘Play your Role’.
· Building a culture where the values of Safety, Team Work, Integrity, Accountability and Improvement are championed.
· Commitment to embracing Councils Customer service framework and to ‘Think like the Customer’.
· Commitment to continuous improvement and embracing change.
· Have a commitment to the liveability of our community.
Benefits working for Council include:
· Generous Award Conditions including 5 weeks annual leave
· Paid long Service Leave after 5 years continuous service
· Corporate Health and Wellbeing programs
· Employee growth and development opportunities
· Salary packaging options
· Social Clubs
Job reference: DGM-AM-10.05
Any questions about the role can be directed to Mr Francois Van Der Berg, Manager Operations, Planning, Development and Compliance on 80803324.
To apply for this role, use the form below and provide Council with a two-page (max.) cover letter that focusses on how you meet the essential requirements of the role; demonstrates your successes in previous roles, and an up to date CV with at least two current referees.
Applications close Friday 24 May 2019 at 5pm.
Broken Hill City Council promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. People from indigenous backgrounds, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with disabilities are encourage to apply. If you require any adjustments to assist you with your application or would like to discuss the position further, please contact Council’s HR Department on (08) 8080 3346.
Please note that the selection process can commence before the closing date and that the preferred candidate can be selected based on application and referee checks only.